Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Any day now

I usually get a natural high whenever I finish writing an article. Today however, it's a little different: I'm edgier and downright more nervous than I have ever been.

Last weekend the wife and I found out that she was already dilated -- 3cm to be exact (10cm is the ideal width for giving birth). From here, it could take as little as a few days to as much as a week before we become parents.

As I sit on my chair typing this entry, the reality that we are slowly stepping into the rest of our lives becomes more apparent. The next text, call, or email I receive may go "uwi ka na, ang sakit na ng tiyan ko!". I know it's coming, and I know it's coming sooner than I think.

When that time comes I'll be a different person, and I hope that person lives up to my expectations.

[photo]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails